Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Do not sew while sleepy - reason number three

Continuing on with my weekend of sleepy sewing mistakes

What's wrong with this picture?


A gazillion bonus points if you figured this one out as it's not quite as obvious as the first or second one I posted.

You'd be right if you guessed that the blue trim along the left edge is melted due to a hot iron placed directly on top of it without the safety of an pressing cloth.





I had even pulled the pressing cloth out before I began pressing the seams.   

Wasn't too happy with myself on this one as I melted the delicate trim right up to the seam allowance. 

"But", you protest "it looks fine from the right side. What's the big deal?" It does indeed look fine from the right side, but the trim can easily be pulled away because in spots it's now only resting on top of the fabric.

**************************************************


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do hope that you get some sleep, so that you can stop making all these goofs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. liquid stitch it down and call it a night sister!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin