Style Arc Selina Woven Top in Blue Viscose
Have you ever sewn something simple and when you wear it you're amazed at how many compliments you receive?
That's what happened to me when I sewed this simple pullover top. I wore it to church soon after finishing it and I couldn't believe how many women wanted to know where it was purchased!
I don't know why, but in my mind I thought this was going to be longer and looser. But now that I look at the line drawings, my version is pretty true to what is shown.
I sewed it using a fabric purchased from Emma One Sock. It was described as "Blue jeans floral drapey viscose woven". I think it was the perfect choice for this top. It was lightweight enough to wear during the summer and will transition nicely into early fall.I will say, for a simple top it was time-consuming. Those little ruffles took a lot of time to hem. I think next time I'll cut the ruffle wider and fold it in half lengthwise (wrong sides together) instead of hemming the ruffle.
My serger was in for its annual spa day (aka service) so I did a tiny hem using my sewing machine. Without the tiny hems this top is a quick sew.
This is a multi-size PDF downloadable pattern. I choose to sew a size 10 with a 3/4" full bust adjustment, adding a small dart. I want to sew another for the fall season, but with a looser fit, so I may sew the 12 next time.I have another viscose in mind for my next version, but I also think this could work in a knit.
As a BERNINA Ambassador I sewed this top on my 770QE PLUS.
Blessings and Happy Sewing!







It’s lovely! I am with your original assessment.. artwork reflects a lot more volume and a little more length. I have been surprised before so now I attempt to measure new patterns or compare to my TNT pieces before cutting. Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThe woven tops you've been making lately all look wonderful on you. I prefer much them more than the knits, to be honest. This fits wonderfully and the details are really sweet. I think the length is perfect. Great job, Sharon.
ReplyDelete