If you follow the Fabric Mart Fabricista blog, you've already seen my sequin cardigan in my April post. However, I want to document my makes here also as it provides reminders to myself regarding any changes I made. For my sequin cardigan, I used an out-of-print (OOP) Sewing Workshop pattern, the Cascade Dress. I don't recall the year the pattern was released. However, I do recall buying it at a sewing expo when it was a new release. One of the samples was sewn in a burnout velvet and it was gorgeous! Remember when Linda Lee used to be a vendor/teacher at the sewing expos? You could browse through and try on the Sewing Workshop sample garments. The patterns were $19.95 (I think) which was expensive for a pattern at that time. TSW typically had a show special where you could buy three patterns and get one free, or something like that. It was a long time ago and the show memories are a bit fuzzy. If you know leave me a comment! Anyway, I bought...
How to sew a smokin' hot side tie infinity tube dress in two hours. No pattern needed!. Measurement instructions edited 6/14/09 Four knit rectangles + elastic + thread + sewing machine + 2 hours = one fabulous knit tube dress. Front views --> Back views That’s right. You can sew a fabulous knit tube dress in two hours. Here’s how: Fabric and notions: Approximately 2 yards of 60” wide knit fabric.The wrong side of the fabric will show with the tie variations, so keep that in mind when you choose your fabric. Your yardage will depend on the width and length of your rectangles. You’ll figure those out in the next step. Basically you need enough fabric to cover the width and length of your body. (If your measurements + ease indicate you need to cut two rectangles wider than 24", you'll need to purchase enough fabric to cut two dress lengths) EDITED 6/14/09: Thank you to the Anonymous (Jun) for asking for clarification on this step. ...
As promised yesterday , here's a sewing tutorial so you can sew your own Summer Dreams strapless ruffled maxi dress. It's very similar to the strapless maxi dress tutorial I shared with you a few months ago. This time you'll customize it to fit your measurements. Note: If you have the One Yard Wonders Book you can create this dress starting with my Strapless Belted Tunic design. Supplies Gauze or other lightweight fabric 1/4" elastic Single fold bias tape Thread The finished length of the dress is approximately 51" measured along the side seam. Lengthen or shorten as needed. Make your dress pattern Measurement A Measure your bust around the fullest part. Add 12" (this is the ease) and divide by two. Example: Full bust = 36" + 12" = 48" / 2 = 24" Measurement B Measure your hip around the fullest part. Add 12" (this is the ease) and divide by two. Example: Full hip = 38" + 12" = 50" / 2 = ...
I am with you on this one. All polka dots are my weakness! :]
ReplyDeleteIs this from your collection? If so, that's fantastic! So whatcha gonna make? :)
ReplyDeleteMe too. I love polka dots. (So why aren't there more of them in my wardrobe??)
ReplyDeleteMe too!!! If this collection is a recent purchase, can you share where you purchased them?
ReplyDeleteI'm with you and have some in my stash also.
ReplyDeleteI love the polka dots (obviously) but I have no idea what I'm going to sew yet.
ReplyDeleteThese were all purchased in the last year - from Fabric Mart Fabrics, Gorgeous Fabrics and Hancock Fabrics.
Who doesn't love polka dots? 'specially in black and white!
ReplyDeleteI love polka dots of any color but especially black & white. These are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete