Indu Wrap Pants by Designer Stitch*. And I was lucky enough to be a tester. Sadly as soon as I was selected I caught that dreaded virus that has been making the rounds and ended up missing the deadline to submit my photos.
These knit pants are amazingly comfy - as comfy as my beloved yoga pants - yet quite stylish! They're different, but not so different that my hubby will say "you're not wearing those are you?" (He's done it before, just
The pants are described as an easy wearing jersey pant with two different styles. You can make them with the wings - as I did - or without. You can also make one leg with a wing and one without. On the Designer Stitch blog you can see dozens of versions of these pants on a variety of women sewn in a wide range of fabrics. I think you'll agree that each version looks fantastic.
Of course I had to test the version with the two wings! After all, that's what attracted me to the pants. In these pics I have one wing wrapped to the front. There is a buttonhole at the tip of the wing and a button sewn to the bottom of the yoke. I will likely wear them with both wings down and tucked in on the side as shown on the one leg as I really like that look.
Here's the back view.
If you follow me on Instagram (@sharonmads) I posted a Boomerang video showing the fullness of the wings).
Look at the size of the "wings"!
When you sew these, you'll need to make sure you have a knit that drapes nicely with some recovery. The knit fabric I used I had purchased online at Mood Fabrics about four or five years ago. It worked perfectly for these pants. The knit waist band has elastic at the very top to help make sure the pants stay up nicely.
Total time from printing the PDF pattern to stitching the last seam on the pants was about four hours. These pants are that simple to sew.
|Line Drawing of Designer Stitch Indu Wrap Pants|
I see myself sewing these in black and pairing with a lace trimmed short white knit top, a pair of killer heels and statement necklace. Stay tuned as I'll post pics when I'm done!
* I was given the PDF pattern to test; material and notions were from my stash