Sunday, June 25, 2017

Burda 6906 - Floral Wide Leg Pants

"Wow, those sure are...uh, colorful!"
 
First words out of hubby's mouth when I modeled my new pants for him.  Quickly followed by "Those fit you really well!"  He sure knows how to sweet talk :-)

Are they colorful? Not really. White, black, tan, and red - all classic colors in my opinion.   So what if all four colors are thrown together in one print?

When Hancock Fabrics had their going out of business sale (was that only a year ago?!?) I picked up a few Burda patterns, including Burda 6906, a pattern for wide-leg pants.  The suggested fabrics are viscose-rayon  and crepe fabrics.  I settled on the polyester floral print (also purchased at Hancock Fabrics).
Burda 6906 has a wide yoke which gives it a nice sleek front and back and allows the fullness of the pants to fall from the hipline. The front yoke comes to a V at the center front, with optional piping (which I choose not to add this time).

Here's the back view. I can now see I didn't do the best job of stitching my white invisible zipper.
I sewed my normal size, and I think I will cut the yoke smaller next time. I thought these fit well, but when we were taking photos, I found myself continually pulling them up.
As far as construction goes, these were easy-peasy. The yoke is faced, making a nice inside finish. Instead of hand sewing the facing in place, I stitched in the ditch.
The bottom width of my pant leg measures 24-1/4", wide enough to sway gently when I walk, but not so wide as to be a trip hazard (those of you that know me well understand that statement, LOL).  These have a 1-1/2" wide hem and I plan on wearing them with 2-1/2" heels.

Even though my DH thinks these are "wild", I'm really pleased with them.  I think a pair in linen might be my next version.

By the way, I'm wearing my Style Arc cold shoulder top, blogged here.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love these, Sharon. I have the pattern and have meant to make them for a couple of years. You may have just kicked them up the queue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, Barbara, you should sew these pants!

      Delete
  2. These are lovely! I'm looking for a wide legged pants pattern for summer so I'm sorry that you got this pattern at the going out of business sale. You should definitely make more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, I am going to sew myself more of these pants! I love the look and fit.

      Delete
  3. I love these, and I agree with you that they are classic colors :-) I always turn to my rayon wide leg pants in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really lovely! Perfect summer pants.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin