Burda 6762 Pullover Top With Emma One Sock Fabric
Said my photographer/hubby when I asked him to take a closeup picture of the neckband design detail on this top. "No," I replied, "it's intentionally sewn this way."
This colorful top is Burda 6762. It's a pullover hi-lo hem top with three sleeve options and a wide round neckline with different facing options.
I sewed view C (the orange one on the pattern envelope) with the neckline from view B (the white and black one on the pattern envelope).
When the fabric arrived, I was able to see just how large the repeat was on the fabric. That's when I knew it required something with simple lines so the fabric would take center stage. There wasn't quite enough for a simple summer dress, so it became a top.
To finish the bottom, I did a narrow hem. I stitched 1/8"from the edge; turned to the wrong side; stitched 1/8" from the folded edge; turned to the wrong side; stitched in place. I also switched to a straight stitch needle plate on my sewing machine to help me control the fabric.
This top is so comfy to wear! When I find the right fabric I'll definitely sew myself another one.
Finally, a picture with my sweet old girl. We're not sure how much longer she'll be around (hopefully another year or two!) so I will probably have lots and lots of pictures with her when I post my sewing projects.
**********************************************







Love this! I just saw this pattern this AM and now I wished I purchased it. Love your version and I can understand the appeal of the fabric!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda! I think that it is a pattern you'd like and its so simple to sew!
DeleteWhat a lovely summer top! Love that neckline detail - makes it a little "different".
ReplyDeleteThanks Irene! That's one reason I enjoy sewing - to add those fun little details.
DeleteYou always pick such pretty prints to use for your projects! Love the print and the top! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThat's a strikingly gorgeous top! I too wish I had that pattern now, as I'm really drawn to big bold prints that would be perfect for it. Haha on your husband's comment! At least he is paying attention!
ReplyDeleteYour top is too cute. I went right over and ordered the pattern! Always looking for a top pattern with a bit of distinctive style.
ReplyDelete