Big Sis, Little Sis Red Heart Skirts Sewn With New Look 6409
Adding the iron-on heart was pretty simple. Place the iron-on heart on the right side of the garment with the sticky side down keeping the protective clear covering in place (A); press with a hot iron until it adheres to the fabric (B); peel off the protective covering once it has cooled.
I added lace hem tape before hand-stitching the hems.
It's a very simple skirt to sew. The pattern also includes a multiple full skirt with optional overlay, and trim options on the slim skirt version. I would probably add width to the slim skirt and shorten it next time. On the older girl it's rather long and she's quite tall for her age. I choose to use the smaller heart, but looking at the photos I think the larger one would have worked better on the older girl's skirt.
A big thank you to my girlfriend for letting me to sew for her girls and allowing them model the finished skirts on my blog.
*************************************







Adorable 😀
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!
ReplyDeleteAwww! Cute!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete