Golden goddess gown - a side tie infinity dress that is smokin' hot
How to sew a smokin' hot side tie infinity tube dress in two hours. No pattern needed!. Measurement instructions edited 6/14/09 Four knit rectangles + elastic + thread + sewing machine + 2 hours = one fabulous knit tube dress. Front views --> Back views That’s right. You can sew a fabulous knit tube dress in two hours. Here’s how: Fabric and notions: Approximately 2 yards of 60” wide knit fabric.The wrong side of the fabric will show with the tie variations, so keep that in mind when you choose your fabric. Your yardage will depend on the width and length of your rectangles. You’ll figure those out in the next step. Basically you need enough fabric to cover the width and length of your body. (If your measurements + ease indicate you need to cut two rectangles wider than 24", you'll need to purchase enough fabric to cut two dress lengths) EDITED 6/14/09: Thank you to the Anonymous (Jun) for asking for clarification on this step. ...






I love that you paired this pattern with a black 'n white houndstooth. It looks amazing with the vest. I didn't see any challenges with the pattern match so you did great!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Merry Christmas!
That is a cute dress. I have some of the fabric that was used for the dress on the pattern envelope, but I like the fabric you used better. Have fun wearing your dress!
ReplyDeleteVery cute Sharon.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking dress! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteLovely! Great job on the pattern matching.
ReplyDeleteBe encouraged...
Looks great! Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeleteVery Classy! Looks like the pattern and material were the perfect match.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Happy holidays!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! I have thought about this pattern too may have to give it a go.
ReplyDeleteYour dress looks great! I love the fabric with the faux leather vest also. I like you have been on the fence about this pattern and still have not purchased. I like how others have sewn this. My fitting bible is the Fit for Real People book also; most all the adjustments I need to make came from this book. Belated Merry Christmas wish and Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete