Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sew It All 8: Silk Pants, Striped Skirt, T-shirt Refashion and more

Sew It All Volume 8 will be on newsstands June 17. Inside you'll find dozens of projects to sew - including three of mine.  I haven't seen a copy of the magazine yet, but the editors sent me the images of my projects so I could share them with you.  I really like how they styled the garments for the photo shoots.

My favorite project is these wide-legged, silk, border-print pants.  You'll find the instructions for the "What a Waist" pants in the magazine and can download the pants pattern from the Sew It All website.

Next is a striped skirt sewn with alternating bands of solid and print cotton fabric.  You won't even need a pattern for this one.  Complete instructions for the "Show Your Stripes" skirt are in the magazine. 

The third project is a t-shirt refashion. It will fit you perfectly as you start with two t-shirts in your size.  The magazine instructions will tell you where to cut the shirts apart and how to sew them into this ruffled "Tee Party" knit top

Want to win a copy of Sew It All V8?  


Head over to the Sew It All blog  and comment on this threadHurry! Three copies will be given away with the winners announced on Friday, June 13.

And when you get your magazine and sew one of my projects I would love it if you would share it with me!

******************************************************************* Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Those pants look soooo comfy ... and stylish at the same time ... love them ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the pants so I can redo them in my size!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: great pants. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by from Spain Marta!

      Delete
  3. Congrats! All three garments are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, 3 fun patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I had fun coming up with the ideas and then making them come to life!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on three projects! I missed the deadline date for a chance to win a copy, will be going to JoAnn's soon and pick one up. Love the pants and the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! My friend ended up with 3 of those t-shirts as I was working out the design and steps :-) And I couldn't wait for my copy - I picked up a copy of the magazine at Barnes and Noble last night.

      Delete
  6. Sharon does AMAZING work!!! (It is Jill from SN, Hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks (*blushing*) Thanks Jill - you Sew News ladies are all sew sweet!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin