Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Whoa, gonna need shades with this one

We had a brief moment last week where temperatures soared into the upper 20s, resulting in a sudden urge to sewing something for spring.

Looking around my sewing studio I saw myself surrounded by lots of wool and lots of dark colors.

So I did what any self-respecting fabric-a-holic would do. Indulged in a little fabric shopping over at Fabric Mart. One knit was described as "a must to brighten your wardrobe".

I think that might have been an understatement. See for yourself.

I dont' know yet what I'll use this one for, but I admit it does bring a smile to my face. Pin It

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And I agree - it's time for a little colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Its something I would definately go for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence - I bought this fabric last week too. Here in Canada, I am getting sick of the dull winter weather. I can't wait to see what you make with it! ( I don't know what mine will become)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a long summer dress? It's very colourful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I am an absolute sucker for big bold prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of my younger years. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon - I looked at that one several times but ultimately left it for you! *LOL* It makes me smile just a little too much which means that it won't work for work! I'm sure you will do something wonderful with it though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Repeating to self, "No new fabric. No new fabric". Sharon, this is luscious. I love it.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it - I really, really like it!!!!!! I will be waiting to see what you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. is that draped over your dress form? So the leaves are like 2 feet long? Impressive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin