Sunday, February 15, 2009

What's your blog's personality?

Most of you are probably familar with Myers-Briggs and other personality profiles. In fact, you've probably had your personality type analyzed - either in the classroom as a school project or in the workplace as a team-building exercise.

I even knew of a dental office that analyzed it's patients based on their personality. They used it to help them adapt their interactions with their patients in a way that would be most comfortable to the patient. Since I was friends with a person who worked in that office, when I used their services I also took the test - only to have my friend review the results and mention "it doesn't sound like you at all."

At that point I had to admit that I answered based on what I thought he might expect me to answer rather than my true responses. At this point, I must move back in time to explain to you that we had recently begun dating and I still in the trying to impress you stage. (Why in the world I thought being myself wasn't good enough is a subject for another post on another day.) While we had a lot of fun together we weren't so good at the relationship part and broke up a few years later. See? You should always start a relationship based on honesty - and that includes personality tests. Ha! As if that had anything to do with the reason we split...

Anyway, back to the reason I even mentioned this little side story. You can now analyze the personality of your blog. Seriously. It's another little online quiz and I don't know you about you, but I sure have a hard time resisting them.

Check it out for yourself. Typealyzer will analyze your blog's personality based on your writing style.

Of course the subject of your blog can influence your writing style. For instance, when I review patterns or provide input on sewing, it needs to be done logically so you can easily follow along when reading. My writing style at work may be completely different based on the intended audience and outcome of the piece I'm writing.

So what is my blog's personality?

Drum roll, please.......

ESFP - The Performers

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

Accurate or not? Maybe it is, but then again, maybe it's not. Only I know for sure.

So, what's your blog's personality?

By the way, are you Twitter? I found the link to this personality quiz by following the link to someone who began following me on Twitter. The blog is Pink Paper Peppermints - stop by sometime.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Heehee, that's awesome! I tried this one with both my sewing and my personal blogs, and for both of them I also ended up with an ESFP. Ironically, usually when I take this test, the first two letters are the exact opposite. But I'm much better at communicating via writing, so it's probably much easier to come off as an extrovert in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you know I had to try that and I am the same type as you...do you think it might have something to do with the fact that our blogs are show and tell with a little instruction and encouragement thrown in. I bet most of the sewing blogs would come up with that designation...but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is wild, my blog rated as ESTP which is about right (don't ask how many tutorials I haven't done but said I would). Funny thing is tho that personally, I'm an INTP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun :)
    I'm a ESTP for my sewing blog
    and INTP on my political blog.
    Does this mean I'm two different people?

    Just started following your blog - it's fun - you do enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the performers as well.... My husband's blog, on the other hand, is a Doer (ESTP).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just like you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ESFP here to and its right on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came up with the same as you. I guess because of the fabrics we use to sew with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! Both my blogs (one on sewing, one on weaving) came up the same: ESTP (The Doers). Thanks for pointing this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took Myers-Briggs twice and both times I was clearly an ESTJ. With one, they did a subtest (my word, not necessarily theirs) and had another alphabet that I don't remember. It was noted that sometimes your work personality differs slightly from your personal or home personality but not necessairly a major difference.

    I have yet to analyze my blog but will do so 'cause like you I like these kind of things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin