Showing posts from February 28, 2016

Butterick 4989 - Cascading Front Vest

This cascading front duster vest came to be when I purchased fabric online without reading the description clearly.   When the fabric arrived and I discovered it was semi-sheer I knew it wouldn't work for my original plans. However, I had been thinking of sewing a long cascading front vest after trying one on in a boutique just a few weeks earlier.  I managed to save myself about $60 by sewing my own. I used Butterick 4989, copyright 2007, which recently went out of print. The vest consists of two pattern pieces, with the back cut on the fold. After stitching the shoulder and side seams, the armhole is finished with bias tape.  I used this cotton/lycra jersey bindin g purchased from Fabric Mart Fabrics.     I also finished all the edges with the knit binding. Nothing more to add about the construction. The pattern is labeled "Very Easy" for a reason. Since the little one accompanied me on this photo shoot I'll end this post with the pics that inclu