The 100 Skirt Project - "I Love the Flowergirl"
My second contribution to the 100 skirt project is completed; another size 12 skirt. This time I began with a tan bottom weight fabric that was dying to be matched with two subdued floral prints buried in my stash. I'm obviously a bit obsessed with huge pockets since I added them to the previous skirt I sewed also. This bottom contrast band is simply a wide facing top stitched in place on the front of the skirt. To pull the color from the pocket flap to the bottom of the skirt, I added a 1" bias strip sewn in place with a decorative stitch. The final touch was a pink button with a tiny gold flower button sewn onto the pocket flaps. So sweet. And for you youngsters who are wondering about the name of this skirt...well this video's for you.