This was the simple to sew summer dress that did not want to be created. The fabric I choose for Butterick 4812 was a black linen/blend purchased a year ago from the clearance rack at Joann's. The fabric had small flowers scattered throughout that were only tacked down at the center of the flower. After prewashing the flower petals curled up, so I had to decide if I wanted to: 1) iron flowers after every wearing and laundering, 2) tack down all flower petals to the fabric, or 3) remove all flowers. Guess which option one I choose? Because I had already done an FBA to the pattern, as well as cut out all five pattern pieces and fused interfacing onto the facing pieces, after work I was able to sit right down at my machine and begin to sew. Wow, this is gonna be so easy I'm not gonna bother with the directions. First things first, sew the side and waist darts in the front then waist darts in the back. Oops! Realized that the midriff gathering was created by a casing and
Showing posts from July 29, 2007
- Other Apps
I don't know about you, but there wasn't much sewing being done in my household this past weekend. Saturday stuff Saturday morning was a parade, followed by a visit to the garden center for some hostas and bark, followed by church and then a movie at home with my DH. (The movie was Marie Antoinette , which I rented so I could see the costumes - didn't care for the movie much.) Clowning Sunday was a clowning day. My dad and I volunteered at an American Legion picnic. He did magic tricks and balloon animals and I did face painting - actually it ended up to be cheek art rather than full faces. There were many more children attending than we anticipated (based on last year's attendance) and we ended up disappointing a few at the end when we had to stop. That is the hardest thing about doing balloon animals and face painting at a venue like that. You can never be 100 percent certain how many little ones will be there and we absolutely *hate* having to say no. But we'