The wool fabric is black with small taupe flowers. It's actually reversible but I wear more black than taupe so I went with that as the "right" side. The fabric was purchased locally at SR Harris - of course :-) And there was still some left on the bolt when I was there last weekend...just saying.
Oh my goodness! This fabric is so beautiful in person, but yikes, what a challenge it was to sew. It raveled like crazy. And of course my serger started acting up just when I needed it to finish those unruly seams. Grrrr....I was able to serge some of the exposed edges so they looked halfway decent, but ended up using some Seams Great to finish the shoulder and side seams.
Here's a pic of the pattern as shown in the magazine and on the BurdaStyle website. It is 09/2018 #109.
The second version, the red faux leather, was not one I planned on sewing. Over the past few months, hubby and I have been on a major "clear out the excess" kick, donating and giving away things we no longer need or want.
As I was going through my fabric stash looking for pieces I no longer wanted, I came across this red faux leather and decided to sew myself another short jacket. I'm glad I did as I really like this one. (Although now that I'm looking at the pics I can see I'll need to be careful with my styling so it doesn't look like part of a costume.)
This PDF pattern was provided to me at no charge as my December BurdaStyle Influencer project.