Sunday, May 01, 2016

Craftsy Sewing Kit: Style Arc Gorgeous Gore Skirt

I discovered Craftsy sewing kits a few months and ago, and purchased a few (when they have been on sale) and so far I've been very pleased with the fabric quality. 

This is one of those kits: The Style Arc Gorgeous Gore Skirt. Honestly I purchased the kit because I'm secretly addicted to Style Arc patterns and this Craftsy kit included a printed multi-size copy of the pattern. Sold!  
This kit was described as having  1-1/2 yards for the skirt sized 4-18.  There was closer to 1-3/4 yards, which was good as I was able to match the design at the seams (and the edges were cut a bit jagged.)  

Because the pattern on the fabric had a large repeat I wasn't able to recreate the Craftsy skirt exactly. But close enough!  The knit skirt consists of six identical flared panels sewn to a yoke. I stitched all the seams using my serger.  The waist is finished with 1/2"elastic. 

 I wasn't sure which size to sew, and next time I'll go down a size.  I plan on shortening my next one also so it will hit just about my knee. I know my daughter will want one, so another reason I'm pleased the pattern is multi-sized. 

Since the skirt only takes 1-1/2 yards of fabric I plan on sewing more for summer wear.
By the way, the pattern can be purchased directly from Style Arc, or as a PDF pattern from their Etsy shop. (No affiliation, just a fan.)

I'm wearing the Style Arc Gorgeous Gore skirt with a knit top from The Loft, a denim jacket from Maurices, wedge lace up shoes from DSW, and a necklace from a consignment shop.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I like this look on you! The fabric is awesome and I'm glad you're happy with the Craftsy kits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered the kits myself and bought 5 on clearance. For the price I couldn't buy the pattern plus fabric. Love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked at these kits but never clicked buy! Glad to read that you thought the quality was good. Your skirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin