Sunday, July 06, 2014

SR Harris Fabric Outlet - the fabric reveal

As I was snapping quick shots of my fabric purchases I realized I had purchased mostly knits.  It must be because we are currently in the midst of summer and I have quick and easy sewing on my mind.  This is what I picked up when I was at SR Harris recently.

Knit Fabric from SR Harris Fabric Warehouse  Sharon Sews Blog
From left:
  •  A black knit (very little stretch) with floral print found in the designer remnant section - $4/yard
  • A black/grey/yellow abstract print Lycra knit - $9/yard. This appears to be the same fabric used by Apple Annie to make her fabulous Sandra Betzina dress.  I bought what was left on the bolt which was just under two yards.
  • A red and white stripe (the white section is sheer) from the Worth collection - $7.50/yard
  • An abstract blue and white Lycra knit - $6/yard
From left:
  • A dusty rose Lycra knit labeled "dry-fit" - $6/yard. I plan on making workout pants.
  • Suno border print Lycra knit - $6/yard. I plan on sewing a coordinating workout top.
  •  Plum color Ponte knit - $6/yard
  • Gray "power stretch" knit - $6/yard
 Clockwise from top left:
  • Narrow plum/white stripe knit - $4.50/yard
  • Wide plum/white stripe kit - $4.50/yard. These two will be combined into one knit top for my daughter.
  • Beige and black chevron knit - $6/yard. I planned on sewing another McCall's 6612 knit pullover dress (blogged here and here) but the fabric is not as beefy as I thought so I will sew a top instead.
  • Black and white tie-dye stripe Lycra knit - $6/yard. Another top for my daughter.
From left:
  • White and purple polka dot woven - $6/yard. This one is destined to become a skirt.
  • Ignore that second fabric. That's the knit shown in the first photo.
  • A black and brown abstract print woven - $9/yard.  It has a lot of drape and I plan to sew a pair of wide leg pants.
  • A stretch woven with white roses on a navy background from the designer remnant section - $4/yard. I plan on sewing a summer dress.
I find this to be an interesting piece. As you can see from the above photo, it can be used on either side.  It is a woven that feels like something used for rain wear.  It was $6/yard and there was only two yards left on the bolt so I'll have to be creative when I use this one.

My last fabric purchase was this rayon border print knit. The flowers are huge!  This will be a dress although I'm not yet certain what pattern I will use.

And there you have it. My latest purchases from the infamous SR Harris Fabric Warehouse. I think these will keep me busy for awhile, don't you?

*********************************************************

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. It's not right to covet another sewist's fabric purchases but I am coveting away over here! I so want to make a trip to SR Harris - it's ashame! Cause it's not like I need fabric...I just want to go and bring some of this goodness home to the cave! I'm sure you'll make awesome outfits ~ you always do!!! (the extra exclamation points are for you btw! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee,hee! You remembered my Instagram post about exclamation marks :-). And you should come visit - we could spend all day drooling over fabric at SR Harris. If we are lucky Sid will be there - he's a hoot. Always tells me I'm too happy and smile too much. Then we could snoop shop at the Mall of America. Convinced yet?

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing what others find when they go fabric shopping! Have fun creating with these great prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is fun to see what others purchase also

      Delete
  3. Now that's a haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I might have gone a bit overboard. But I plan on sewing, sewing, sewing...

      Delete
  4. I was there a few years ago...with my husband!!!! Not a good thing. I can only ask so much of him. But I did manage to come home with a fairly decent haul. The next time I go, I'm packing a lunch and leaving my husband at a bar!!! So glad you got to go and that you had such fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan Rhonda! My hubby is usually with me as we stop by when we are on that side of town or out for a motorcycle ride. Normally he's pretty patient and listens to music in the car but once I was limited to 45 minutes. I still had a pretty large bag of fabric by the time I left. Of course it helps that I know what fabrics are in what aisles! Be sure to let me know if you're ever in town and want to meet there ;-)

      Delete
  5. WOW you got a great haul and awsome prices to boot!!! When shopping and you find fabric on sale how many yards do you usually buy? Just curious, because I usually buy 2-3, just wondering many yards my other fellow fabric hoarders purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, what makes you think I'm a fabric hoarder? LOL. I prefer to say fabric collector. I will usually pick up 3 yards if I'm not exactly sure what I want to make, Knits I typically buy 2 yards or less since I know I will sew either a simple dress or a top/tunic.

      Delete
  6. LOVE this post!!! SR Harris is my most favorite place in the world. Haven't been there for several years...I'm about 5 hours away...in SD, but one of these days...!!! Major fun for me just reading about you shopping trip, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought 45-60 minutes was a long drive to get to this store! Glad the post made you smile -- and for sure contact me if you do make the trip to SR so I can meet you there Judi.

      Delete
  7. Great fabric selection. I especially love all the floral prints. Sounds like its definitely worth buying bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh some gorgeous fabrics here, look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! You really found some gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see all the fabric until now, wow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin