Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Kwik Sew 2874 - Baseball Style Pullover TAKE ONE


As mentioned in my previous post, I was inspired to sew a luxe baseball tee after seeing this Milly one. 
and settled on Kwik Sew 2874 as my pattern.


Kwik Sew 2874 TAKE ONE
I don't sew with Kwik Sew often enough to know what size or alterations I may need so I started out by tracing an unaltered M at the shoulder/neck/bust and tapered to a L at the hip. (That pesky "I hate tight clothing" thing again...)

I choose a border print knit I had purchased at Denver Fabrics by the pound!  Yes!  You read that correctly - you can (or could at that time) purchase fabrics ends by the pound - yippee!  I went a little over board. But that's another post for another day. 

Here's the border print. Cute, right?  Not really enough to do much of anything, but it worked perfectly for the front of this Kwik Sew top.



The construction was straight-forward with very clear instructions provided by Kwik Sew. No surprise there!

And here is the front of version number one:
And here is the back of version number one:
Oops! I didn't notice until I was getting ready to hem this that I have a bit of the design on the backside.

I was quite pleased with the outcome until I tried it on.  I thought it appeared to large. A posting and plea for feedback on Instagram confirmed that others agreed.
So back to the cutting table I went. I then traced an unaltered S and the neck/shoulder tapering to a M at the hip.

And the top found a home with someone else - my darling daughter (who is probably going to kill me for posting a pic of her wearing no makeup!)


Stay tuned. Kwik Sew 2874 Take Two coming soon.

************************************************ Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: Fabulous. Your sew very well. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky daughter to inherit that t-shirt. It's fabulous! You'll like the pattern once you get the fit right. I have it and have used it multiple times. Like all t-shirt patterns, fit can change with the amount of stretch in your fabric but at least there aren't many seams involved and a nip here or there is an easy adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is lucky to get such a fabulous top. Good luck getting the fit just right, I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, I love the gorgeous print -- Great job -- I can't wait to get this going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this take on this top. Have you thought about using some of the giraffe material for this top. I can see the it used at the center of the shirt. Just a thought. Love this print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this top! Love. The print is perfect for this. This is a great idea for a border print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top. The contrast between print and plain works really well

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great body and shouldn't be afraid to show it off in closer fitting clothes. Looking fwd to version 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fabric was perfect for this top. Lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin