Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Kwik Sew 2874 - Baseball Style Pullover Inspiration

While browsing the designer fashions online at Neiman Marcus I came across this sequin-front baseball tee by Milly.  Love at first site!  Um, but not for $275!  (Now marked down to only $165! Um, still a no.)


So I did what any of you would do. Purchased some fabulous sequin and knit fabric and set out to find a pattern that would work.

I found this GORGEOUS sequin knit fabric that while browsing the Mood Fabrics website.  (No affiliation with Mood.) It shall become the front of the baseball tee.  I have a solid black knit for the sleeves, neckband and back.


Next was choosing a pattern. There are two patterns that many others have used to achieve similar luxe tee looks.  One is Vogue 8670 and the other is New Look 6270.  But, believe it or not, I didn't want to purchase another pattern! What?!? Me not buy a new pattern - I know, shocking isn't it?

I knew I must have a baseball style tee pattern in my stash, er collection, somewhere. Sure enough.  I came across Kwik-Sew 2874 still unopened.  It appeared to be perfect for the look I wanted to recreate with View A neckline with View B hem and contrast sleeves. (The pattern is now OOP - out of print.)

Three wearable muslins later I *think* I'm ready to dig in and sew the real thing.

Kwik Sew Take One - the pink floral baseball tee - coming soon.

*********************************************************




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. This will be fabulous, Sharon, cannot wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: great proposal. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to see the finished item, it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pulled this pattern from my stash to do a fancy sweatshirt. I was thinking of adding a hip band and cuffs. Please share how you got on. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I need a sequined top like this. I can't wait to see yours. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sewing the exact same style at the moment, using the New Look pattern. My sequin knit is leopard print (!) so it definitely needed a plain sleeve and neckband to calm it down a bit. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin