Monday, January 20, 2014

Cafe Cutie - Reversible Apron Design in Sew It All Magazine V. 7

Have you picked up the latest Sew It All magazine yet? It went on sale about a month ago and it is another good one.  I've been purchasing this magazine since it was first released and have been fortunate enough to be a contributor in volumes 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.  Volume 8 will be released June 2014 and you'll find a project or two from me in that one also.

This time around I designed a petal shaped reversible apron.  The article "Cafe Cutie" can be found on page 100. The magazine sample features fabric from Monaluna's Modern Home collection. Isn't it that print collection just perfect for this project? 

 Here's is side two.  

Although a towel is only shown on this side, each apron side has a towel loop included.  That's because I like to have a towel handy when I bake so I don't get my apron too dirty.  LOL!  I know, it kind of defeats the purpose of wearing an apron doesn't it? 

You'll be able to watch me demo this apron on the Sew It All television show sometime in the future.  Eeek!  Yes, last October I was fortunate enough to head to the studios in Golden, Colo. to tape the show.  The episode is #703 title "Apron in Reverse." 

By the way, Stacy Schyler (Stacy Sews) is also a regular contributor to this magazine and her To-Go-Box is featured on page 43. You'll be able to watch her demo this project on episode #704 of Sew It All television.  (And yes, I was able to meet her while we were both in Colorado.)


I was just at Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday and noticed they had restocked this magazine. I've also seen it locally at Hancock Fabrics and JoAnn Fabric Stores.  If you can't find the magazine locally you can always order it online.


 If you sew this "Cafe Cutie" apron, please send me a link so I can share it with everyone!

************ Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the apron and the taping the show! I will have to see if that program airs on our cable provider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: great magazine. I like the cooking apron .. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Laura here from the SITS Tribe Building Challenge. This apron is really cute. I have a thing for aprons and have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to ones that I want to sew someday. I am in total awe of people that can sew (and sew well). I am even more impressed you are creating patterns! That is amazing. :) It is nice to meet you. I am having fun poking around your site.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin