Monday, September 02, 2013

A little weekend knit sewing: Three tops and a (almost) dress

Just a few quick projects I whipped up this weekend. 
  • Upper left is McCall's 6797,which I'm absolutely loving. It's a Palmer/Pletsch design that was released in the Fall Collection.  You won't believe how crazy fast this one comes together!  I used a four-way rayon blend knit that worked beautifully for the design.  More pics and review to follow. 
  • Upper right is Butterick 5497, which I sewed in black when the pattern was released (in 2010). That black top is one of my go-to tops, which is why I chose to sew another. This time I used an ITY chevron print I picked up at Denver Fabrics during my June 2012 visit to CO. More pics and review to follow.
  • Lower left is McCall's 6752. I sewed a muslin of this top a few months ago as I wanted to check the fit of that lower portion with the zip.  The fit was great, but the knit I used was much too lightweight to do this top justice.  This is an ITY peacock feather print knit from Fabric Mart Fabrics. More pics and review to follow.
  • Lower right is Vogue 1329, the popular Kay Unger color block dress. As you can tell, it's still under construction. I spent a bit of time on the FBA and have my fingers crossed I added enough for the dress to keep the look the designer intended.  More pics and review will follow once it's done, including the FBA. 
What did YOU sew this weekend? 

********************************************
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. You did have a good sewing weekend! Can't wait to see the Kay Unger dress finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waht a lovely little selection - and a great fun weekend. I think I love your little go to top...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been creative! Great tops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sewing weekend, you have great new tops for your wardrobe. Can't wait to see your Kay Unger dress, the colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were a busy sewist this weekend. Look forward to your Kay Unger dress review, I have this one on my list and curious how you handled the FBA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some awesome turnout from a weekend of sewing! I really love the peacock knit top-looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, not only busy, but so productive! You need a 3 day weekend more often.
    They all look so comfy and colorful.
    You'll like the dress 1329, it goes together so easily, and looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin