Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pretty Flowers Maxi, or 2+2 = another McCall's 6559 maxi dress

I'll let the fabric do the talking on this one. 




The flowers were centered on the front of the dress, while the back is solid black.I used an ITY border print knit with BIG flowers purchased at Denver Fabrics.  In the bargain section no less - 2 yards of $8. Sweet!

Construction was identical to my previous version. You can read all about it, including how I did an FBA, on this post

2 yards of fabric + 2 hours of sewing time = one fabulous McCall's 6559 maxi dress!

**********************************************************************



Pin It

21 comments:

  1. I just made this up in the shorter version for the first time. Was considering the maxi length for a 2nd version, after tweaking the sizing... Runs a little big, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE Sharon! Lovely floral print in the fabric - very summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! Great idea to use a solid for the back, I'll remember that for sure. Your doggy looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Love the dress and the fabric- it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooo stealing this idea! *LOL* You look fantastic in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly cute! You must now be the queen of maxi dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this maxi dress. I really need to make one for me. Great fabric you chose, love using solid for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that fabric for this dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress!! You have inspired to sew again, the sad thing is my sewing machine is right here, ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This dress is so incredible. I try to buy this pattern every sale at Joann's but it is always sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Biggie flowers means biggie glamorous style! Even the doggies have a wonderful sense of style. My favorite pic is the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabric on this is stunning. I love this on you !

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this look. You look great, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SERIOUSLY! That fabric is amazing! Oh, my goodness, that is a great dress. Looks great, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice share and nice fashion too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin