Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A visit to Sew News and Sew iT All magazine offices

Can you tell by my big grin how excited I am to be in the lobby of the office where the magic of Sew News and Sew iT All magazines happens?  You can find my article on how to sew a tiered maxi skirt in the current issue of Sew News. Three of my projects are in the latest issue of Sew iT All (on newsstands as of yesterday),

With the lovely Ellen March, Editor-in-Chief, who is also the host of the Sew iT All television program. She is even more delightful in person than I had imagined her to be. She is absolutely adorable. She let me peek into the Sew It All studio but I forgot to take a photo for you. I will tell you it was much smaller than I envisioned it to be.

From Left: Beth Bradley, Ellen March, Sharon Madsen, Colleen Exline, Leah Rybak, Nicki LaFoille

I was able to meet the entire staff. I do wish there would have been more time as each and every one of them is someone I'd love to get to know better.  We talked about weather, the Ft Collins Fire, sites to see, what their roles are at the magazine, and two of my personal favorite subjects - dogs and shoes.

Maybe someday I'll have the chance to visit them again. For now, it will be a wonderful memory.

Oh, by the way, my knit maxi dress is McCall's 6559.    You didn't think I'd visit the offices of a sewing magazine and not wear something I'd sewn did you?

***********************************


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! And it's pretty awesome that you have a new article in Sew News...I will have to pick up a copy! Thanks for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a fun time. Alos, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful and lucky! Must check out your article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look SO happy and in your element at the offices of Sew News!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Sharon...how exciting!! I'm looking forward to seeing the article...I can say "Hey, I know her!"...(wink)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sharp looking maxi dress. Very nice! Congrats on your article. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Congrats on your article, I'll have to go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin