Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So I might be a little crazy

This showed up in my inbox this afternoon:


Basically it says...  
Congratulations on your decision to become a Zumba Instructor.  

Gulp.

Can I share a secret with you?
I'm really nervous.

And little snippets of self doubt are running through my mind.
  • Suppose I'm not as good as I think I am.
  • Suppose I'm the oldest one there.
  • Suppose I can't learn all the steps.
  • Suppose I can't keep up with everyone else.
  • Suppose I make a fool of myself.

Can I share another secret with you?
I'm really, really excited.

  • I might be really GOOD at this - I LOVE Zumba and want others to enjoy it as much as I do.
  • I could be the oldest one there and totally rock 
  • I might not get all the steps in one day but I don't have to. That's what practice DVDs are for.
  • I might not be able to keep up with others but who said it's a competition?
  • I've made a fool of myself many, many times in my life so what's one more time?

I have a passion for helping women who think they are "too old", "uncoordinated", or "too fat" discover that they too can have fun shaking it while getting fit.  And the first step is to go through basic instructor training.


So yea, I might be a little crazy.  And it sure is fun.

**********************************************************
Hey, if you don't know what Zumba is check out a few videos on YouTube.

********************************************************* Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think being a Zumba instructor would be a blast.
    - A late 40's uncoordinated Zumba lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's pretty awesome! I'm sure you will be great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have a passion for helping women who think they are "too old", "uncoordinated", or "too fat" discover that they too can have fun shaking it while getting fit."

    Exactly the instructor I'd want to see when I step inside an exercise room! Good for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Have fun and I am sure the rest will fall in line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ... you'll never, never know, if you never have a go! Is it being older but I just have a go at anything now .. hence half way through university at 50 yo! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I have been getting wanting to try this for a while, I used to Jazzercise until the place I went to closed. How could anyone not have fun dancing to latin music? My idea of a fantastic time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to be amazing!
    P.S. I love the new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome!!! I am sure you will rock the place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you will be great at this! Your spirit is so sparkley and fun. I need to start shakin my stuff and lose a few pounds. Help motivate me, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, Sharon!!!!! I love it, love love it. You are the coolest. I would love to do zumba!!! XOXO www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! I took my first zumba class last year, and took it again but then busted my knee and have had to do non-dancing type stuff for a while. Good for you, my instructor was in her mid 50's and she put all of us to shame! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! You'll be sure to motivate each and every student.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Zumba!!! I wish we lived nearby so I could take your class. I am old, use to have some rhythm, love to dance still, and could use to drop a few pounds. It would be a kick to take your class! I think you will do well. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you! It looks like such fun. I have always wanted to try a Zumba class but worried that I couldn't kerp up with the moves...

    ReplyDelete
  16. A big Z hug from a Zsis in Japan!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin