Friday, January 20, 2012

Flashback Friday - Itty Bitty Baby Jeans

Flashback Friday returns!


Today I'm sharing the first pair of jeans my darling boy ever wore.  Aren't they sweet?

This little guy was a preemie just like his big sister.  But unlike his big sister he was only two months early and weighed over 5 lbs.   Huge, compared to his sister who was only 2 lbs.  (I've shared her story a few years ago on this post.)

He's 2-1/2 months old in this photo and I have no idea what he weighs.  That's because both baby books were LOST eight years ago when we moved.  Yes, LOST!  I'm still heartbroken over it - but better the baby books than the photos, right? 

Now, back to the jeans.

As a teen mama, my go-to outfit was jeans and t-shirt.  And I wanted my little guy to have jeans too.

Only one problem. Baby clothing wasn't as plentiful then as it is now - at least not in my price range - and itty bitty baby jeans were no where to be found.

Except this teen mama knew how to sew! And she saved all her fabric scraps.

So my little guy got his first pair of jeans - a pull on number sewn from the oh-so-seventies embellished faux patchwork denim. Paired with an awesome hand-knitted pullover sweater (a gift) embellished with little owls!  See those tiny buttons? Those are the owl's eyes.  Quite the fashionable little guy wasn't he?

The sweater is still tucked away somewhere, although those jeans are long gone.

And my little guy isn't so little any more - but he is still quite fashionable. 

And still doing well after his brain tumor/cancer battle.

********************************************************* Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit and stylish guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your soon is still doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! How do non-sewing mothers keep their children clothed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious memories! Prayers for your son's continued good health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your son is doing well. Such a cute outfit:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin