Monday, November 14, 2011

Pattern Review 10th Anniversary - Minneapolis / St Paul - Saturday, Nov. 19

Many of you are quite familiar with PattenReview.com - in fact I would guess some of you were there when it first began in November 2001.   I didn't discover PatternReview.com until August 2002 and joined immediately.

It was such a joy to find an online community of folks who sewed....and sewed clothing! In my day-to-day it was rare for me to run into someone who sewed. And when I did and they discovered I sewed my own clothing the response was usually "oh, I used to do that. but now I just quilt."

Reading their reviews were fun and I couldn't wait to do my own review.  I still remember being so envious of those that had digital cameras and were able to *actually post photos* to go along with their pattern review! Wow, how times have changed in 10 years.



On Saturday, Nov. 19, Pattern Review will have a worldwide 10th Anniversary celebration.  And if you sew and live in or near the Twin Cities you're invited to join us.



Friday, Nov. 18
For those who like to get the party started early, dinner reservations have been made for Friday, Nov. 17, 6:30 p.m. at Tucci Benucch, Mall of America. The reservations under "PR Day".  If you can't make it exactly at 6:30 that's okay, come anyway. Please leave a comment or send me an email (sewingbysharon at gmail dot com) if you plan on attending Friday night so we can make sure we have enough space reserved.  


Saturday, Nov. 19
Noon - 2 pm:  We'll meet at SR Harris Fabric Warehouse for some fabric shopping. After all, what would a sewing meet-up be like without fabric? Feel free to start shopping earlier - they open at 10 am.  If you haven't been here we promise to help pick your chin up off the floor when you walk in the doors. It's wall-to-wall fabric.  Or check out this little video from one of my past shopping trips.

2 - 2:15 pm (or so): Travel to next location.

2:15 - 3:30 pm: Crafty Planet where they're "saving the world one stitch at a time".  You'll find great yarns, independent designer patterns, books, notions, trims and quilting cottons galore in this fabulous independent fabric store.  Most people only get to shop them online. But you're not most people are you? 

BONUS!  The One Yard Wonders 2 book release party is happening from 2-5 p.m. so we'll get to join in those festivities also!
(P.S. Pre-order your book if you want to purchase a copy that day. Details on their website) 
(P.P.S I just received my preview copy for the book blog tour and it's fabulous!) 

Oh, if anyone prefers, they can visit Treadle Yard Goods in St. Paul instead and meet up again at Fat Lorenzo's. 

3:30 - 4 pm: Travel to next location

4 - 7 pm:  (or ? ) Fat Lorenzo's in Bloomington (thanks to PR member, Laura)

  • Show and Tell - we want to see what you bought! Bring anything you've sewn that you'd like to share with the group.
  • Pattern and fabric swap - are you like me and accidentally by duplicate patterns during those 99 cent sales? Ordered fabric online that just wasn't right? Bring pattens or fabric for a swap BUT if it's not taken at the end of the night you have to bring it home. Anything left unclaimed will be donated. Although that's pretty unlikely with this group.
  • Dinner - everyone will be responsible for purchasing their own dinner.
  • PR Anniversary cake 
  • Door prize - 1,000 Clever Sewing Tips book
Of course the best part of the day will be meeting and hanging out with sewing friends.
 

******************************************
Feel free to join in all day or just the times that work for you.

******************************************
Please consider bringing a food shelf item to Fat Lorenzo's.  We'll collect everything and donate.


**************************************** 
Make a name tag so we know who you are.  I'll have the "hello my name is...." stickers if you forget or don't have time.

***************************************
Please leave a co
mment - or email me - letting me know you'll be there so we can watch for you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!
*****************************************




Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like it is going to be a great day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time. I loved the Sydney PR weekend we had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, Sharon! I am joining up with the ladies in Austin for the PR anniversary day. I don't recall what year I joined PR but it truly is a wonderful group, isn't it?!

    BTW, on my flight home today, I opened my Sew News magazine and was reading the list of sewing room requests from contributors and was happy to see your lovely face! I feel like I know you - one of the perks of the PR world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heavy, heavy sigh. I Can't make it. It actually hurts to type that! Hope you have a fantastic day even if it is without me :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin