Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Buried in tracing paper

Yea, you read that right.

I have been a busy bee tracing patterns from my Burdastyle magazines as well as my my new fave sewing book, The Colette Sewing Handbook.






Since many of you don't use Twitter, you wouldn't have seen my delighted tweet when I purchased the book a few weeks ago.

I purchased the book for the Meringue skirt pattern (just like Carolyn) and discovered that it is a delightfully well-written sewing book.

I had a detailed review for you but managed to delete the post instead of publishing it.  And I'm too tired to rewrite it.  So another day dear readers!


In the meantime you can check out the reviews on Amazon. But I'm warning you...you'll want the book.

********************************** Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm about to start tracing from mine. I purchased for the merangue, but I also like the dresses. I also purchased the Burda Style book at the same time and I think I prefer the Burda book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one skirt pattern is so worth the price of the book BUT there is some great fitting advice in there too! I will probably also make one of the dresses - it is definitely a book to own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order of how I want to sew these patterns:
    1. Taffy blouse
    2. Truffle dress
    3. Meringue skirt
    4. Pastille dress
    5. Licorice dress

    and then start over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every review I read of this book makes me want it more and more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin