Friday, October 14, 2011

Flashback Friday - Halloween 1988 The Unicorn, Pirate and Mermaid

Halloween 1988 - The Unicorn, Pirate and Mermaid.


Lovely costumes aren't they?  All designed and sewn by my creative BFF (the pretty blonde in the photo).  The biggest tell-tale sign that they were designed in the 80s would be that sequined headband.



I was never small enough to fit into her Unicorn costume, but the mermaid costume was one of my favorites. And she was always more happy to loan the costume to me.  Even though I thought I was carrying around too many extra pounds to do it justice.  Sigh, I'd go back and slap some sense into myself  if I could.  

If you're a long time reader of my blog these photos may look familiar. That's because we recently returned from an out-of-town vacation and I'm recycling a Flashback Friday post. The original story can be read on this post

************************************** Pin It

7 comments:

  1. OMG the unicorn is crazy good! LOL - totally 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Totally 80's attire. Your friend must have sewed forever on those imaginative costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, where were you hiding the few extra pounds? lol. you looked great.
    Debbi
    -ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete
  4. those costumes are a scream ( and the pirate obviously approves alot )

    ReplyDelete
  5. those costumes are a scream ( and the pirate obviously approves alot )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the guy in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is priceless!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin