Thursday, September 08, 2011

On the cover of Sew News! Turn a ready-made sweater into a cardigan with attached scarf.

Have you see the latest Sew News issue?

As soon as I saw it that old 70s song, "Cover of the Rolling Stone" began running through head.

I know what you're thinking. "Why in the world would you think of THAT song?


Well let me tell ya.

See that purple sweater? It's mine!

Yep, I'm on the cover of Sew News.   Well, not ME, but my sweater.

I loved doing this project and am thrilled that the editors thought all of you would like it enough to put it on the cover.

The samples arrived in the mail the same day my magazine did and I'm looking forward to cooler weather as I think this will be great worn with skinny jeans and boots. (Or is that oh-so-last-season already?)

The "pintucks" on the scarf are created using a serger.

Inside you'll find instructions to create another cardigan with an attached sheer three-fabric scarf - no serger needed.


Guess what? Sew News has the entire article available on their website. You can download it for free.

Be sure to share if you make yourself one.

And just because I love my four-legged friends...here's Abby trying to sneak out of the back yard to join me for the photo shoot.


***************************************** Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Pretty soon your name will be on the masthead as contributing editor and I can say I knew her when!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Those look lovely. and yes 'Cover of the Rolling Stone' is completely appropriate. g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I downloaded it - it's very inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! I'm buying that issue - especially now with your wonderful creation! CONGRATULATIONS!! You deserve praise and adulation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty darned cool! I downloaded it and it looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers! That is so cool! I can't wait to get the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [09 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I feel like you're a celebrity and I know you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sharon! Congratulations! I'm in just total awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun ! you must be thrilled !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! Beautiful cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I've been looking for cardigans, but it seems all I find in tall sizes are jewel neck lines. This looks like it would work to convert some to V-neck. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new fame! That looks like a great fall wardrobe edition.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you also, I've downloaded it and have the cardigan just need the fabric to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! You must be absolutely thrilled. Off to look closer...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, Sharon! Congratulations! i LOVE the idea!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin