Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Do you pin?

On Pinterest that is.


I wasn't sure what to think of it when I first signed up. But I've been exploring it a bit and discovered it's a great online inspiration board.  An easy way to keep track of a lot of things I may want to refer back to.  And it sure is a lot easier than bookmarking all those pages.

For example. While browsing Nordstrom's site, I came across this Alice + Olivia striped wool cashmere sweater


Looks a lot like Butterick 5563 doesn't it?  

Just need to find myself a luxurious piece of striped fabric and the look could be recreated for a lot less than $295.  Using Pinterest I can "bookmark" the image and add the reference to the pattern.

It's great for other DIY ideas also, like this Anthropologie cape. Now if I can only find the right sweaters to refashion for a fall cape.

 

Sometimes I just pin stuff that makes me smile, like cupcakes, or color combinations or even books I may want to purchase.

So I ask again, do you pin?

Leave me a comment so I can follow your pins. 



*******************************************
Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Great idea using the inspiration and referencing the pattern. You are right that pattern is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe that I pin! ;) I have 3 boards just for sewing! I'm Amy B. (sew42mom). I'd love to follow your pins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't yet, but I've seen so many bloggers post about that site that my interest was piqued. I'm currently in the invite queue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get on the pin wagon!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate 50 followers. Come see.

    http://craftmysoul.blogspot.com/2011/08/50-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I did not know this, so I'll look around a bit ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah... I pin. Not in a very inspired way, but I love it! http://pinterest.com/larkin2sf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I love that site! I have lots of boards, some on sewing, some on style,decorating, food, books etc. Here's my home page http://pinterest.com/maresea/

    ReplyDelete
  9. INdeed I do pin! In fact, I do more pinning and dreaming than actually working on projects! in fact I'm working on an anthro project right now that i found on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't pin...yet. But Fabric Mart used to have a beautiful drapey merino wool stripe, just perfect for that pattern, I know because I have some...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Part of my morning routine is pinterest. I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do pin but haven't spent a lot of time exploring pinterest yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i love the first pic!!!


    www.therougelipstickdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I've starting using Pinterest for planning my daughter's wedding and for visual bookmarks for our school stuff. But I love the idea of adding a board for sewing inspiration.
    Ruth (sewchic)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, please.... Send me.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup! I love it. I've been spending WAY too much time on there lately. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know OF the pin-wagon but I cannot jump on the pin-wagon because I cannot even keep up with the blog-wagon!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin