Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pardon me while I share my excitment with you

See this magazine?



Recognize this face?







Or maybe this name?


Yep. That's my name and photo right there in color in the latest Sew News magazine. I'm a contributor to the May/June 2011 issue. Next to incredibly talented sewing super stars.

That's one reason I didn't have much to share with you during these past months. I was indeed busy sewing but I was sewing projects and writing instructions for Sew News and Sew It All Volume 3, which I believe is scheduled to come out late 2011. 

Woot!  Super excited here.  Being published in a magazine has been a dream of mine for sometime.

When this issue arrived I flipped through as quickly as I could to see the cover-up in print.  They sure do a nice job with photos and layout if I do say so myself.

I'm doubly excited for my next project, which won't appear until the October/November 2011 issue.  You helped me with fabric choices way back in January.  I kept the deep plum purple but didn't use any of the three others I was thinking of because I found something even better. I can't share yet, but trust me, you're gonna like it.  

Now go! Go buy yourself a copy of Sew News.

************************************************ Pin It

31 comments:

  1. How exciting, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's a great article, and you have every reason to feel proud of yourself.
    Hehe, we're practically colleagues, you know? The dress on the cover page is mine ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, just picked up my issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful for you! I can imagine your excitement. I'll pick up a copy tomorrow. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! How exciting to see your name in print in such a magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I will have to get a copy....how exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats ! you must be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you! I saw you!!! Truly excited for you...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Couldn't happen to a better person and I will make sure to pick up a copy from the newsstand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. congrats! the project looks really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That is awesome. It must be such a wonderful feeling. :-) I'll definitely have to get that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woot woot!!! I know what I'll be buying the next time I'm at the magazine rack - how very exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! How exciting and a big congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So excited for you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on such exciting news. I browsed this issue while standing linline yesterday and it's definitely a keeper. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awesome! Congratulations! I'm going to look for a copy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes I saw it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! You're published! How very exciting and well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats awesome. congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! I'm glad you got to see this long-time dream of yours come true!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!

    Hi!

    Im your follower!

    I really really liked your blog!

    Keep up the good work!

    Do visit mine too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    Alia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what an accomplishment!! You have every reason to be excited. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yup...My issue arrived last week. I usually look at the authors list and saw your photo immediately. I said (to myself) "I know her".

    ReplyDelete
  27. congratulations! I can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How exciting! Not sure if I can get it here in Aus, but if I can, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  29. birdmommy11:32 AM

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin