Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Better late than never - Vogue 1018

Did I ever share this one with you?

Vogue 1018 

I didn't think so.  This is the Sandra Betzina skirt I began (and finished) this past December.

Seriously love this skirt.

As in capital L love.

Although I might not love it as much as Shams.  She's made it five times already.

I'm only now starting to think of sewing my second. It'd be a great summer skirt. Assuming, of course, that this winter will actually end. Because there have been days when I'm pretty sure warm weather will never again enter my life. But I digress...

The skirt's a little out there for my work environment, but after some experimentation I believe this basic sweater/cami/skirt combo is tame enough for my office.

Because black is so hard to see details, I tried lightening the photo a bit.  Did you notice I now have gray hair?



The shape comes from the side tucked drape overlay as well as the small tucks near the hemline that create a ruching effect.


Those small tucks were very time consuming. But totally worth it.



It's kinda sad that it's now OOP (out of print). Here's the pattern envelope.


You might find one on Etsy or that online auction site (you know the one) or your local thrift store. Grab a copy when you find and you two will fall in love. With a capital L.

********************************** Pin It

9 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful skirt and I agree it's never getting warm again! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. darn it! I keep seeing these OOPs & falling in love with them! I should have started sewing again a year earlier than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love love love!!!

    Yes, I made it 5 times. I wore it today for Me-Made-March.

    Yours is AMAZING. Make another!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful skirt! You must have fujn wearing it. Fortunately, I have that pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really oop! The Etsy's one is sold, also.
    You show us this wonderful skirt... and we are dreaming about it!
    Could you take some pictures of the back and move the parts to show how they're attached?
    Pictures of the pattern would be glorious...
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome design and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful skirt. The design is timeless, so I'm sure you'll wear it next winter and for many more to come.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin