Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spring is peeking through

There were promises of spring all around me today including a few birds singing in the morning and the sun shining brightly.  My favorite was the sound of running water as massive amounts of snow melted off of our roof as the temperatures soared into the low 40s.   Ah, yes, I do believe spring really will reappear once again.

To celebrate I put away the brown and black and gray fabrics.  I pulled out a piece filled with bright colors that hint of spring gardens.  And sewed a new knit top.

Vogue 1128 Knit Top




It's a quick to sew (which by now you must realize is one of my favorites) knit top sewn from an Anne Klein pattern - Vogue 1128.

Vogue 1128 - image from www.voguepatterns.mccalls.com

The top is very loose fitting. Which I would have realized had I actually read the pattern description.

I didn't.

I cut and sewed it in my normal size and it was huge.  No biggie as I was able to take the side seams in.  It's still loose fitting but I no longer look as if I'm a six-year-old wearing something I pulled out of my mother's closet.

The only other change I made was to eliminate the facing (c'mon Vogue - really?).  I finished the neck edge with a narrow band of fabric, turned to the inside and topstitched to hold it in place.


Hurry spring - I'm ready.  In more ways than one.

******************************************* Pin It

8 comments:

  1. very pretty top, wonderful colors. It was in the 50's today, yea, snow melting here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colours! Spring? What's spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print. I know what you've gone through with a wide fit pattern. I forget to read too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking spring top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty---love the colors and print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very pretty top, and also very spring-like. MI is getting a thaw, also. But wait--March can be an absolutely horrible month, so don't break out the shorts quite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two favorite colors - pink and green! What a perfect spring top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty top! Yes, I'm with you, spring is coming. We have to be ready. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin