Monday, January 03, 2011

Where to buy the top pattern Burda 7444

That seems to be the question of the day.  Well, at least the comment of the day for the post on that top.  It is a really cool top isn't it?  Anyway, what you really want to know is where can you buy a copy so you too can sew yourself the perfect top for walking out in style.




All sizes are included in one envelope - from size 6 (32) to 18 (44).  Unlike the Burda pattern magazines the printed patterns do include seam allowances. The instructions are more detailed than what is included in the magazines. 


I purchased my copy at a local Joann's just a few months ago.  Not only does Joann's carry Burda patterns, the price seems to always be 40% off of the list price. 

I'm sure if you have any independently owned fabric stores in your area, but they would also be very likely to carry Burda patterns. I know Treadle Yard Goods, which is in my neck of the woods, carries Burda (as well as many other of the independent designer patterns).


As far as internationally or online - with the exception of PatternReview and SewingPatterns.com I'm not sure. I've purchased from PatternReview before but not SewingPatterns.com.

Good luck with your search  - and I can't wait to see what yours looks like.

************************************************** Pin It

5 comments:

  1. If you're not afraid of printing and pasting, you can buy it here: http://www.burdastyle.de/schnittmuster/hauptkollektion/shirt-kleid-fliessender-kragen_pid_1_4818.html
    The instructions come in several languages, including english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Off to JoAnns I go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Great top, thank you for the information. I am really keen to make it yours looks fantastic.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally prefer to just download the patterns from the German Burda site, as lin3arossa suggested. They're far cheaper than I can buy them locally, I don't have to pay (or wait!) for shipping, and I can print off as many copies as I want. And you get the same English instructions with diagrams that you'd get in the paper version.

    Oh! And when I'm done I can throw the paper away (ok recycle!) and it doesn't take up any room in my tin sewing cave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so miffed that we can't look at Burda envelope patterns on-line anymore. I like to shop patterns on the computer, in my jammies, when I have time. Not sit at the store looking through the pattern catalogs. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin