Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nothin. I got nothin...

Nothing to look at here folks.

No completed sewing projects.

No progress on my vintage dress for the sew-along.

No progress on my jacket (for the one jacket a month sew-along. (I probably never even mentioned I was doing that one did I?)

Why?  Mainly because it's so cold lately that I find myself bundled up on the couch not wanting to move as that would mean cold air would seep beneath the faux fur throw I'm buried beneath.

It's so cold that I just quite convince myself to venture into that sewing room.  Especially at night when there's not even a hint of sunshine to tease me into thinking there's some warmth outside.

When I do bravely venture into the room I'm dressed for the adventure.  Do you even know how hard it is to sew when you're wearing a long sleeve tee and a down filled vest topped with a button front sweater over the whole thing? You think I'm kidding don't you? Ha! I don't know about you but I much prefer to sew in a yoga pants, a tank top and bare feet.

Alright, enough whining. After all, the days are beginning to get longer. That means warm temps and sunshine will be here soon. Oh, just another three or four months...

And even though it is colder than usual in that room, I did get a little sewing done this past week.

Just not the fun, s*xy stuff that one likes to show off on their sewing blog.

I experimented with stitches and decorative threads on my serger. I sketched out some ideas that popped into my head. I began work on an Anthropologie inspired top. And shortened and hemmed pants, replaced buttons and patched jeans.

The fun, s*xy stuff is next on the list.

****************************************** Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I agree - it's too cold to do anything, however... I manage to coax myself into the depths of the basement to sew, by thinking of warming up at the ironing board, while madly steaming pieces of fabric. That's sad. When's spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nook that my sewing machine sits in is cold as well. I usually turn on every light that I can and run the iron a lot to generate some heat so I get how you feel about sewing in the cold. Cause I like sewing in a big slouchy tee and some socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew in the garage. It's feezing! I am only sewing in very short bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I cannot sew with shoes on. And I can't have the heater and the iron on at once in the room I sew in. Still you can alway look at pattern magazines while curled up on the sofa! Hope your weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could send you a little Maui sunshine. Hang in there, spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya'. Although it's not as cold in MI as in your state, cold is cold! I find myself curled up on the couch, wrapped up and blankets and wanting to sleep. I realize now just how smart the bears actually are! And before long, we will be fretting about how hot it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr. I agree. It's tough to sew wearing 2 pairs of wool socks and big slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to sew a straight seam when you're shivering. Then I shift to making plans. Of course, the time required to carry out those plans has no relationship to my actual time to do so. That would explain the quantity of sewing and craft supplies that remain unused.

    Count me in the "no shoes" sewists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's extremely cold up here too! I can sympathize as many a year did I sew in a basement with barely any heat and bundled up to stay warm.

    We are forecasted for 34º below 0 tomorrow night and a high of 5 below zero during the day. Hunker down time for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin