Sunday, December 05, 2010

Feelin' the love again

Feelin' the love again for Vogue's Today's Fit by Sandra Betzina patterns.

After the last one one I sewed (Vogue 1197) I came to realization that they just might not be designed for my body type.  I haven't reviewed that finished knit top yet, and until I do you'll have to trust me that I had to do some major seam tweaking to make it look decent.

Oh, but I'm loving this one!

Maybe because it's a skirt and as of late I seem to seriously addicted to sewing skirts.

It's a 2007 skirt design - Vogue 1018 -  that is already out out of print (OOP). I managed to purchase it almost a year ago right before it was discontinued. At the same time I had purchased enough black polyester crepe (Fabric.com's $1.95 sale blogged about here) to make the skirt.


It's been cut and ready to sew for a few months now and this weekend was it's turn to come to life!  It's about half sewn and with my busy schedule this week I likely wont' have time to complete it until next weekend. But I have plans to wear it just as soon as it's done.

The sewing is a bit on the tedious side but the results are worth it. Look at the great tuck details!.


Even my little sewing buddy is intriqued by the design details.


Or maybe she's searching for cookie crumbs. Not that I would know how cookie crumbs may have ended up on the floor of my sewing studio...

****************************************** Pin It

6 comments:

  1. One of my favorite favorite favorite skirts. I've made this five times! Yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with this skirt when it first came out. I still think that it's fabulous. But I'm a chicken. Because the sizing for Sandra Betzina's patterns are so different from the norm, I'm not so sure that they will fit me, hence the hesitation even to buy her patterns. I'll be waiting to read about your experience with her pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a seriously beautiful skirt. However, I would have to say the design is not for a shorty like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat skirt pattern. I haven't seen this before now. I can't wait to see yours all made up. It's looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful pattern, totally missed that one. Your skirt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally missed this pattern too, and it's gorgeous! I love the pleating details. Need to peruse ebay I guess!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin