Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Creative Connection Event - creativity for the soul


Doesn't this look like heaven? Three days of creativity and inspiration.

It's The Creative Connection Event being held in Minneapolis next week.

Are any of you attending ? My budget would only allow for one day, and that would likely be Saturday so I wouldn't have to fight rush hour traffic.

I love attending these things, but in all honesty, when you go alone there's the possibility of not really bonding with anyone. It really depends on the event. I've been to some where the women are all their with friends and, as nice and polite as they are, they don't really have room for one more. Then again, I've been to other events where I've met women I felt that I've known my whole life.

Seriously, if any of you are going please contact me (sewingbysharon at gmail dot com) as I'm still debating whether or not to go. Knowing I have a virtual friend to meet up with could easily sway my decision :-)

Wow, I just reread what I wrote. Can you tell I'm a bit of people person? I base my attendance at events on whether or not I will enjoy my interactions with my fellow attendees. *LOL* I could just go and absorb everything possible and report back to you...

*********************************************************** Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Sharon, I agree and sadly, I'm not going to this wonderful-looking event. Too far from the SF Bay Area. Oh, but if I were nearby....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great event. I absolutely love the slogan for the event. Unfortunately, after a trip to Iceland and Spain this year, my budget doesn't all for a trip to the US.

    Christiana
    sewamusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you go and have a marvelous time. If you're alone, you can come and go as you please. It's not all bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you - I'm the only one who sews, it seems, no matter where I live! I end up going to those events alone, and while there's a wonderful freedom to that, I would love to share the fun with someone, at least once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon:
    You really should come - it is going to be over-the-top. Even if you come only for one day and it is Saturday, you should drive in Thursday morning because we are having a "Meet a Friend" for coffee and rolls for those that are coming by themselves. There are 85 women registered ... so you wouldn't be alone!
    It is the best way to make new friends and memories that last a life time!
    Hope to see you there.
    Jo Packham
    Co-Founder
    The Creative Connection

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you do decide to go, remember that there will be a whole bunch of us with you, looking over your shoulder the whole time. And then you can come back and tell us what a great time you had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think after many years of not going places because I don't have anyone to go with, I'm finally going more on my own. But for me the the trick is to have the attitude "on my own time/schedule, and if there are people that are open to allowing a new person into their group, great!" instead of "oh dear, what if I go and there's no one to play with?". GO! Have a great time, and fill us in. Sadly, it won't fit into the schedule or budget for me this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin