Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Slow, slower, slowest

That seems to be the rate of my sewing lately.

I severely underestimated how much I could crank out again as my life returns to normal.

Apparently the stress of the past few months snuck into my sewing studio unannounced.

When I decided to sew again it promptly reared its ugly head as evidenced by an incredible number of stupid sewing mistakes. Rather annoying actually.

So I have very little to show for all the time I've spent in my studio lately.

But I do have one small project to share. Another knit top from McCall's 6078.

In March I made a zebra print version (that has yet to be worn as I've not yet made it smaller).

I went down a size this time and still needed to take it in at the waist to give it some shape. The stripes on the fabric are slightly raised and twisted. It's the fabric (from Treadle Yard Goods) that keeps this simple sleeveless top from being too ho-hum.


Next up? Photos of the completed black 80s inspired knit top sewn from Butterick 5497, and (hopefully) the completion of another "perfect knit dress" using McCall's 5752, the jacket and dress from McCall's 5818 and a skirt from Simplicity 2449.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I would imagine the stress and shock would have taken quite a toll. So be kind to yourself :) This top is really cute. And you have more to show from your sewing studio than I do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine your are still recovering from the news and all you and your son have been through. Take care of yourself and rest and relax. Your top is so cute, the fabric is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great top. Given everything you've been through, I'm surprised you have enough mind left to do anything at all! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like this top. And I really think that quality over quantity is the way to go!

    It has taken me to the ripe old age of 51 to realize that self care is an important part of caring for and about others.

    Be kind to yourself. I have suffered a few severe traumas in the rearing of three children (the past eight years all by myself.) I know first hand how easy it is to keep going as if nothing ever happened.

    I think a better approach is to recognize that you have taken a hit. Approach yourself with love and acceptance. That's what I am working on! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear that things are starting to return to normal around your house! Take your time getting back into the swing of things....

    BTW, I LOVE that top and that fabric is great. I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin