Monday, May 17, 2010

Linda Lee and Anna Maria Horner all in one weekend

Even though there has been very little creating going on in my studio, I did make a trip to Treadle Yard Goods this past weekend. I was looking for some aqua cotton prints to coordinate with a red and white polka dot print. While I didn't find exactly what I had envisioned in my mind, I did find a few prints that may work.

While I was there I signed up for two special events happening this weekend.

Friday evening will be a short program by Linda Lee. She'll also have selected garments from The Sewing Workshop on hand. The last time I attended one of her programs was probably four or five years ago and I really enjoyed it. Part of the fun was seeing the garments up close, but also meeting other sewing enthusiasts. I'm really hoping someone I met at the last one - Cathy - shows up. We kinda connected and I had gotten her business card so I could keep in touch with her but promptly lost it.

Saturday night is an appearance by fabric designer and author Anna Maria Horner. How fun will that be? I don't own either of her books but I thought it would be fun to hang out with other textile lovers and meet the lovely author. Those of you who have her books - yay or nay? They'll be available to purchase the night of the event so I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions.

There might still be space open at one or both events, but you do need to contact Treadle Yard Goods to reserve your spot.

Now that my son has completed his six weeks of radiation and chemo and is feeling pretty darn good these two events just might be what I need to get my creativity going again. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. The weekend with Linda Lee and Anna Maria Horner sounds like great fun. I am sure you will enjoy it and being with other sewists is so fun! Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm sure you'll come back with a lot of things to tell us about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The events sound fun.. Hope you enjoy yourself!!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sharon! I know that you made Simplicity 2703 jacket before. I want to re-read your review on it. Can you point me to it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Hi, Sharon, It was fun to talk to you about blogging today at the IABC volunteer event. Love your blog. Yes, makes me want to sew!
    Julie Evans

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin