Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Out with the old, In with the new. Sew the old or sew the new.

What to do? What to do?

I really am itching to begin sewing with the latest fabric purchases.

BUT I pulled all my unfinished objects out of hiding and am feeling like I really should complete them. You know, like I can't have desert until I finish all the broccoli. Although I actually really like broccoli so maybe that's not a good example. But I think you get my point.

You see a contest just began at PatternReview - one that I can easily participate in. A UFO (UnFinished Object) contest. The rules are simple enough - basically finish projects that were left in an uncompleted state before Dec. 1, 2009. Easy-peasy.

Seriously? Look at this stack of projects already cut out.

Ugh...that Sewing Workshop one is so old the silk print is screaming "early 90s!" That one is being re purposed as I'm certain the fabric would be much happier lining a new jacket. Sewn from one of my latest additions of course.

Not only that, here's another group of projects that just need things like hems. Double ugh.

I'm going with the UFOs - at least for tonight. I'm gonna do some hemming while watching the premier of the final season of LOST. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! You have a lot of UFO's!! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no no! Go with the new. Because if you don't, the new will become the old and before you know it, you won't have ANY new, only old. Right? (and if there's something in the hem pile that you really want to wear soon, do that for the old guilt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh see I vote for going with the UFOs and winning a prize! At least once they are done, you will have some more new garments AND you may win something for it. A win-win situation in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say do what is in fashion right now, UFO's or new. Leave the classics for later when you have time and hem when you are watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear, if you finish all those UFOs you won't need anymore clothing!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dios que ideas más creativas nos das, me dan ganas de salir corriendo a buscar que rehabilitar y ponerme en la máquina de coser a trabajar. Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that I'd be quite pleased if I had a few projects that were cut out and ready to sew because I'm not a big fan of the cutting out part of making clothes. Good luck with the UFO's because it looks like you will have some lovely looking garments when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm, that is quite a few UFO's. I have quite a few too. Maybe I should think about it.
    Oh, and lucky you got out of the bathroom..unless you had your ufo's and sewing machine in with you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin