Monday, February 08, 2010

On a roll - UFO number one

Last time I posted I was wondering if I should tackle my sewing UFOs or dig into some new projects. (Well, except for the post that had me trapped inside the restroom at work...)

The old won. I've begun work on the few UFOs that I decided were worth finishing.


This is definitely one worth finishing. A skirt suit using McCall's 5597. Looks like it might now be out of print as I wasn't able to locate it on the McCall's Web site.

For some reason I altered the pattern and cut it out but put it aside to sew later. That meant there was a lot left to be done, including cutting and fusing the interfacing as well as choosing a lining.

The straight skirt is a basic P&P yoke skirt. The yoke is narrower and the skirt is slightly longer than the one from 5984. With this being the third skirt sewn in this style I was able to sew it very quickly, adding a full lining. Silk I might add. Nice...

The jacket is more time consuming but it's moving right along.

I'm hopeful to have this completed by the weekend so I can move onto my next project as I'm eager to begin my next sewing project.

I altered the pattern, cut out the fabric, and fused the interfacing so it's ready to go. The project is Vogue 1143, a Guy Laroche suit, using the Sophia stretch black double knit from Fabric.com. Pin It

11 comments:

  1. That jacket is stunning - I cannot imagine why you didn't finish it sooner! I look forward to seeing this completed outfit when you model it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely jacket, with the pleated accent. And the color is fabulous. I love the Laroche jacket pattern also. It looks like something that would be very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the jacket. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style of that jacket and what a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That UFO is one that is definitely worth finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jacket, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you must finish this jacket! It is so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy I found your blog! You had me laughing out loud with your tales of UFO's. I loved the photo of the cut out projects. I have drawers filled with the same stuff. And I also love how you are fond of Patti Palmer's work. I have almost all of her patterns going back to the original 8 hour blazer (which I still use by the way). I attended a PP workshop in 1980 given by Susan Pletsch and was hooked ever since. I'll be checking in to see how you are doing with all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, gorgeous! The pleats! The color! Wear it and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great, that you decided to work on your UFOs. This one is a winner. I wonder how many other treasures are hidden in that drawer?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to seeing this completed outfit when you model it!

    Domain registration india

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin