Monday, February 15, 2010

How I spent my Valentine's Day weekend

This past weekend hubby was gone enjoying a ski-weekend with the guys. Unfortunately - or fortunately depending on how you look at it - that meant he was gone this year for Valentine's Day.

Should I admit it? Yes, I think I will. I was actually excited. That meant three whole days devoted to me! Three whole days to sew to my little heart's content.

I picked up a half dozen free DVD rentals from the library with plans to hibernate in my sewing studio playing movies and completing multitudes of projects. Oh! the possibilities!

Ha! Only in my dreams.While I did enjoy a nice romantic solo dinner of lobster tail, veggies and wine followed by a decadent dark chocolate truffle (my honey hid a box underneath my pillow before he left) all the sewing just didn't happen as planned.

All that time, and just one little project is underway. The Guy Laroche jacket, Vogue 1143. I've lightened the photo so you can see some of the details. The fabric is a black Sophia double knit from Fabric.com.

It's rated advanced - I suspect it's because of those darn little underarm gussets - but it's coming along nicely. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the sound of your dinner menu - lobster tail and chocolate truffle - delicious! Your jacket looks like it's coming along beautifully, that style is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! Your jacket is looking good. Perfect style for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this pattern on one of their recent sales. Looks really cool. Glad you are making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happens to me sometimes too! I have three days and think that I am going to end up with 4 amazing pieces to wear to work and maybe 1 piece ends up coming out of the sewing machine...so I understand! But at least you did have the time alone to commune with your sewing machines!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE a weekend all to myself (and my sewing machine!) Don't be ashamed - I'd be excited too! :) You have great style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Nice progress on your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always like that for me too.
    I like this pattern very much. Do you plan to make the trousers too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you all understand perfectly how exciting the anticipation of three uninterrupted days of sewing can be - even if the reality doesn't turn out as expected :-)

    Regarding the pants for this suit - while I plan on making pants to coordinate with the jacket, I don't care for the flare on the pattern provided so I'll likely use a Burda pattern with a straighter leg line.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin