Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vogue's new web site (and spring pattern releases)

Did you see the new look over at VoguePatterns.com? I like it! What do you think?

This must have just happened because I've been stalking the site daily so I'd be sure to know when the new spring patterns were uploaded. All the great designs in the last Vogue Patterns magazine made me eager to see the details on the website.

I'm curious about their clearance section. It appears that these patterns - marked down to $5 - are the most recent discards, while the out of print patterns are still their regular full price. Anyone have more information on that?

I'm liking the new spring offerings, especially the new designers, Rebecca Taylor and Rachel Comey. While not all of their designs work for me I suspect they'll be popular.

My favorites?

Vogue 1169.
It's a too wide and low to wear to work, but I think I could rework the neckline and make it work.

Vogue 1170
. The blouse looks fun - a bit unique without going over the top and the skirt is fitted yet flirty. I'll need to lengthen the skirt.

Vogue 1155. (Image from voguepatterns.com) I wouldn't wear this Guy Laroche design the length shown, but I think a bit longer (just above the knee) would be a fun dress to both sew and wear.

Vogue 8634. (Image from voguepatterns.com) Love the cowl on this one. The line under the bust - not so much.

Vogue 1159. (Image from voguepatterns.com) Is this Donna Karan dress fabulous or what? You MUST see the line drawings on the website to appreciate the front draping.

My not-so favorites?

Vogue 1165. (image from voguepatterns.com) I was really looking forward to this Sandra Betzina's pattern. She mentioned in her spring fashion forecast this blouse would be flattering on a wide variety of figures.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt because it seems that the model garments photographed for the Vogue Pattern catalog don't always showcase her designs at their finest.

Vogue 8638. (image from voguepatterns.com) I don't want my jackets to button close this low. I'm afraid if I wore this people would think I made a mistake in my sewing. Now watch. This will be a new super hot trend that everyone in the world will be wearing (expect me).

Which ones are your favorites?

********************************
By the way, if you haven't read my post on the yellow tag barcode system from Hancock Fabrics, please do so and leave me a comment. I really am curious about your experiences with the new system - especially if it has been so great that you think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

****************************** Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I especially agree with you on the two "dislikes." I do Not want to point directly to my hips, and I am So over the '80s and '90s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Donna Karan was my favorite also - I agree that you have to see the line drawing to truly appreciate it (especially in the back). I also liked the cowl top until I noticed that empire waist thing. What was up with that? I know it could be removed, but why put it there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy. Need to go check these out. Looks like good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks so much for the heads up on all these new patterns. Great variety for all tastes too.

    We don't have a Hancock's here, so I have not been able to experience this new coding system. It does seem flawed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great new patterns for me to add to my unnecessarily large collection. But I totally agree with your dislikes - I thought the same thing as you about the jacket, it would look like you made a horrible mistake in sewing it, and while I like pintucked bloused that Betzina one would just make most of us look really pear shaped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are no Hancock's for me to shop, so no opinion about barcodes. I am delighted with the new McCall, Butterick, Vogue website. Now if Simplicity would get on board and fix theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads-up. I love that Donna Karen dress too and the first jacket. And I have no idea why I would a jacket/cardigan to button there! Too strange for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vogue 8638 pink blazer - I think I had that in 1992... Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin