Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The best and the worst of 2009

As 2009 draws to an end, I feel that I should have a year end posting about my 2009 accomplishments.

Perhaps, if I was super organized - like Dawn - I'd have a handy, dandy chart to show you. *Sigh* But I'm not, and I don't.

Or perhaps, like Erica, I could look back at my sewing goals to see how many I met. *Sigh* Except that I didn't bother to set many.

But! I think I could come up with a list of everything I sewed this past year. *Sigh* I'm certain it wouldn't reveal a love affair with dresses the way Carolyn's review does.

Actually, I'm finding that I relate more to Angie, as I suspect I may also be afflicted with SADD - sewing ADD. Planning one project only to quickly move onto another seems to be my specialty.

While I'm not sure how many items I sewed, or even what my favorite was, I can tell you that one pattern produced both a treasure and a trash. Simplicity's 2701 cream jacket was one I wore quite often while the rose metallic linen one makes me cringe every time I put it on. For that reason alone it has never seen life outside of my closet - and it never will.

I'm sure you all have a favorite or two, but what I want to know is what's one thing you sewed this year that makes you cringe?

**********
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there is someone else who is not so organized...I know I sewed many things, but I can't begin to accurately quantify it...I think we all have the fabulous things we love and the garments that seemed good in conception, but are best left in the closet...thanks for another great year! Your blog friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that silk printed muu-muu dress shows that not every dress I make is a winner! *LOL* Thanks for the shout-out...but I know you've made some winners this year not just this jacket that you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had a fantastic year and you certainly accomplished a lot of great sewing! Wishing you another great and Happy New Year--sewing year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your white jacket and after seeing your post, I made it for my daughter in red. I intend to make it for myself as well. The garments that I make that I"m not happy with end up in the trash. Gone--out of sight. Never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to think on that one for a while. I made a few things that I wasn't so proud of. I really love your white jacket, though and can see why it would be one of your favorites. Strange how one pattern can produce two such different looks. Oh I know the one that I messed up on the most. It was my Little Man's Easter dress shirt. I threw it away and started over. Thank goodness, because the second one was much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Most of the stuff you make is very well done, beautiful and flattering. Don't be so quick to dismiss that "Nay." I think you can salvage the shimmery rose linen jacket. If you found similar weight linen and did a few overlays, or something else break up all that sparkle, you might be able to get it to work for you. Or maybe "repurpose" it into a purse or hat.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jacket is fabulous! I'm a new reader, so I didn't see it the first time around. As for me, TOO many garments of mine have made me cringe! But I keep truckin' along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great jacket maker. I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cream jacket too, so I can see why you love it! Best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Although you might not have achieved everything you wanted to, remember that by doing this blog you are inspiring people you have never met. I loved that jacket too (maybe not the metallic one so much :) )and you inspired me. I used the pattern to make two very cute versions and I would not have even looked at it in a pattern book.
    KathrynT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting to see it is the marraige of fabric with pattern that makes a success (or otherwise). I have a few favorites I have made and a few I don't wear much but overall not a bad year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Organization? What's that? ;)

    Anyway, my worst of 2009, hands-down, was the nightmare of a sewing experience that was the entire process of coming up with a dress to wear for my brother's October wedding, in which I was playing flute and therefore I had to be seen in front of everyone. And I'm still not happy with how the dress fit!

    Your white jacket is great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  13. seemed good in conception, but are best left in the closet...thanks for another great year! Your blog friend,

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin