Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Yard Wonders planner sleeve

My second project from the newly released One Yard Wonders book.

I have not yet received my comp copy from the publisher (we've been assured they're on their way...apparently you all have made this book a very popular item!) but I did purchase a copy that I plan to give as a gift.

The nice spiral binding means I could peek at the book, and even sew a project or two, without it appearing that the book was used. Unless, of course, the intended recipient is reading this blog. In that case, well, sorry!

Anyway, the second project I choose was this planner sleeve. Even though I don't own a planner. I figured it would be a good way to carry my camera with me when I'm snoop shopping ... much more stylish than the plastic sandwich bag I currently carry it in wouldn't you say?

But maybe I'll use it to carry a small notebook and pen as suggested in the book. .I don't know about you, but it seems I'm always digging in my purse for paper to write on.

Oh what the heck. I'll just sew another one. After all, I spent less than an hour creating this cute little sleeve.

By the way, this was designed by Helen Ringrose, of the Sew Stylish blog. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Lovely - thank for sharing, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -I thought I recognised that when I clicked on your blog but it took me a moment to realise it was my pattern!! I haven't seen the finished book in real life yet but am excitedly waiting for my copy! I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin