Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Dozen Meme

I should be sewing.

But I'm feeling a bit tired and I don't think it's a good idea to work on someone's wedding gown when I'm not bright and chipper. So rather than sew (and make a mistake) tonight I'm participating in a fun random dozen meme from Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.
Ha! That's easy! I met my hubby in 9th grade. He asked me to a football game. I was stunned that the cutest boy in school would ask me out and he was stunned that "the cutest girl in school would go out with him" (his words, not mine) Obviously it was love at first sight and 25 years later we finally realized it and got married :-)

2. What's your favorite Beatles song?
At the risk of upsetting a dear friend, who is crazy about the Beatles (one in particular, but I won't share all her secrets) I admit I don't have a fave. Although I do remember buying the 45 single "Give Peace a Chance" when I was a kid.

3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?
Yoga pants and a workout tee.

4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?
Host it! And it will be a theme party. With lots of yummy food. And costumes. And 70s disco music.

5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?
Nooooo! Nothing can replace reading a book (that you hold in your hands) while snuggled in a great big comfy chair with a big cup of hot chocolate in the winter.

6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?
Experiencing.

7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)
Giving me a cupcake pan as a Christmas gift.Now I got nothing against cupcake pans. If you want to back cupcakes you need a cupcake pan. But I was really hoping for something more romantic, considering we'd been dating for quite some time. Needless to say, that guy's gone.

8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?
Salty. I kicked the sweet and sugar habit about four months ago and I ain't never going back. But there was a time when I would have said sweet. As in M&Ms. Mine. All mine. The entire bag.

9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?
An instructional DVD on how to face paint with a wonder palette! I was wondering where that was. I bought the wonder palette paints last spring so the DVD's been there a while. You know, I really should get back to face painting.

10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie? The bartender one. What the heck was the name of that one? Only because I brought my daughter to the movie with me and they thought I was her older sister and weren't going to let me take her into an R rated movie. Whoo-hoo! It was fun looking really young. And said daughter now complains that people think she's so much younger than she is.

11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle? tuck it in the back of the linen closet as a "back up" and promptly forget about it.

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)
Homemade apple crisp.

Done. Both the meme and my sewing break.

Tomorrow night it's back to wedding gown alterations. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I saw the random dozen meme and had to double check I was in my 'sewing buddies' folder on bloglines! I read Linda's blog, too...maybe one of these days I'll have time to do her meme; she asks interesting questions than need some thought.

    Enjoyed your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been by here in awhile, so thought I'd drop in. Fun meme!! Though I have to be picky and say that technically, "Give Peace a Chance" is a John Lennon song and not a Beatles song. ;) And long live printed-on-paper books!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin