Monday, August 10, 2009

Simplicity 4118 sleeveless sheath dress


The sleeveless sheath dress was completed just in time for the wave of hot weather in next week's forecast. The fabric, a stretch woven, was purchased locally from Hancock Fabrics about two months ago. The dress is fully lined with Ambiance lining, which feels so nice. I coordinated the lining with the golden yellow of the dress, just because it makes me smile to see that bright cheery color hidden on the inside. I had trouble locating a 2" ring for the belt, so I ended up purchasing a belt buckle and having my husband snip the center bar off and filing the edges smooth. I'm lovin' the big bold floral and am really happy with the dress... what do you think? Pin It

27 comments:

  1. It's GORGEOUS! I have YET to sew with my fabric like that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a "happy" dress! Gorgeous colours and I know what you mean about choosing a sprightly coloured lining. The "just for me" factor is precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd be happy with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it, love it! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful, a perfect dress for the last hot days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO-RE-GAWAUS!!! That print just screams spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely delightful

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a perfect summer dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. I fell in love with that fabric at Hancocks, but being so short, I thought it would overwhelm me. I love the colors in the fabric, happy colors. Great pattern for this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a very fun dress to wear. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Sharon...can't wait to see you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful dress. I love that big print! Very, veru nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!! I LOVE that fabric - so bold and saucy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty. Great fabric and it looks so good in that style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is beautiful!! I hope I will make something as pretty one day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gooorgeeeooouuuusss! I love the colors, the style, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's drop dead gorgeous!! I really like the fabric. I'd never heard of ambience lining. Will have to read up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful dress! It would be great for an elegant afternoon tea party or a day-time wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks GREAT! You did an awesome job with the flower placement.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous combination of pattern and fabric! Your dress makes me happy just looking at it. Bet it looks great on too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dresses are beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin