Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday - 1971 and the green floral pantsuit

Now you didn't the it was me that had the green floral pantsuit did you? No, no, no, not I.

My darling sister, at about age two, had this wonderful matching green floral vest and pants. Sewn for her by her adoring big sister - me - using Simplicity 8897. Note that the pattern was a super jiffy simple-to-sew pattern. Seems I've always had a fondness for those quick to sew projects.


Anyway, my mother and I loved this little outfit. And she hated it. As you can see from the expression on her face in this photo.

Which is why I plan on sewing an adult size version for an upcoming birthday. A milestone birthday that she is not looking forward to. Which is why all of her older siblings have been having a great time this summer teasing her. Because that's what siblings do right? Of course she knows we're teasing and that we love her to pieces.

But I will say, I can't wait to see her face when she opens her present this year. Hmmm, I wonder if I'll be able to convince her to model it for us? Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oh My.... what fabric have you found to duplicate it? Make sure you post it! p.s. hope she doesn't read your blog (at least not today!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, hilarious idea! Please post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! One of my sisters gave our 16 year old sister a blanket sleeper for last Christmas. It was covered in glow-in-the-dark dinos and actually fit her 5'10"ish figure. We all had a good laugh. She even modeled them for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this time--she will probably love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun that will be! Lucky little sis to have a big sis like you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s a fun idea! I want pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin