Monday, July 06, 2009

Shoestring Chic a thrifty sewing program at Art & Architecture

Mark your calendars for what is sure to be a fabulous thrifty sewing program Saturday, July 11.

DIY!: Shoestring Chic

Many of us are familiar with the flour sack fashions of the Great Depression era. This repurposed fabric was Incorporated into quilts, clothing, even underwear! Designer Sarah Holm draws on this creative and practical ethic to construct garments from reused clothing for her stylish reevolution line. Learn more about some of her techniques as you start your own version of her reevolution hair accessories. (Description compliments of the Minnesota Historical Society.)

Program: Shoestring Chic

Time: 10 a.m. to noon

Cost: $20 (purchase tickets online)

Location: Art and Architecture
3338 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis

I am thrilled to discover that my Saturday morning is free and clear! At least it was until I discovered this event. I'll be there, will you?

Ah c'mon......sleeping in is overrated.

And besides, I'm told there will be yummy treats and coffee from Cupcake. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. PFFF, blogger won't let me comment on your navy blue top. But the more I see it, the more I like it. it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could join you, but Michigan is a tad bit of a long drive from Minnesota! Anyhow, have a blast and report back!
    Thought of you today when we were at the county fair and a clown made a balloon sword and princess septer for my kids. You have must have such patience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer. Of course, I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday anyway and I don't think my husband or kids would let me not go for a sewing class. Have a great time & let us know how it is!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin