Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Celebrity doll clothes sewing patterns

As I was writing a post on sewing Barbie doll clothes for TheCircle.org, I began to think about all the doll clothes patterns I had purchased through out the years.

One thing led to another and before long I had pulled out the big storage container that houses all of the fashion doll sewing patterns I own. The covers of those doll patterns are a snapshot of the pop culture of the time capturing for all time the current clothing styles, hair trends and even celebrities.

Check this out.

Simplicity offered patterns to clothe the popular Cher and Farrah dolls with the dolls drawn on the front looking eerily like cartoon versions of each celebrity. Simplicity also gave you the ability to sew your own king of pop outfit.

S9194 S8281 s6967

McCall's offerings including Donny and Marie as well as Brooke Shields.

m6317 m8727

Did anyone happen to notice how current some of the fashions from these 70s and 80s patterns look?

By the way, you can read my post on sewing doll clothing-part one here. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a treasure. It "is" amazing how many of the styles are current. I have a couple of vintage Barbie doll fashions from the 60s and 50s I'm hoping to get to for my 8 year old daughter.

    Now I'm heading over to read Part 1 of the doll article. Thanks for sharing this.

    Yours Truly,

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an excellent article. I know it will save me from making some mistakes when sewing my Barbie fashions. Please let us know as soon as Part 2 comes out because sewing for Barbie is on my project list. I don't exactly when I'll get to it; but if it turns out, I'll let you know so you can come and take a look. I have to make sure it turns out first, though, since I've never sewn clothing this tiny. Thank you so much!

    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new at your blog - really enjoying it!

    I noticed the link to the Barbie article doesn't work. You might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow--you have patience--I can't get my little fingers (and mine are little) to get those little pieces to cooperate. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin